RISE AND SHINE! Get this 6am circuit workout done before your body even realizes what you’re doing to it. If you have some small handweights (or cans, water bottles, children) add them to your squats and uppercuts for extra resistance.
If you’ve ever wanted to get started on a plan to make real progress, or want to get back on track, getting your body fat tested in our hydrostatic tank is a great way to precisely benchmark your fitness. Getting dunked takes just 10 minutes, and afterward, you’ll get a detailed report to keep, showing:
Your fat and fat-free body mass, as percentages and in actual weight
How much fat, if any, you need to lose to achieve your desired body composition
How many calories per day you burn without exercising—unique to you
How many calories you burn from different exercises—again, specifically for your body
Where you are on a scale of ideal body fat for your age and gender
Your history, if you’ve been tested before
November 1st – 7a-1p. CALL NOW to reserve your space!! 206-789-2411
FAQs about Body Fat Testing
- The test fee is $49. This will be paid to Brian with Body Fat Test the day of. Bone Density test is an available option, and payment will be collected the day of for that as well. Please contact MKG to reserve a spot for either test.
- Bring a towel and swimsuit. You will go completely underwater. You may use the MKG bathrooms and changing rooms to change. We will not have extra towels or suits.
- The water is heated (about 90 degrees), chlorintated and filtered.
- The test takes about 10 minutes.
- There are no requirements regarding working out, drinking or eating. Please rinse off if you are sweaty, have heavy makeup or hair products.
For additional info, go to bodyfattest.com or call Brian @ 206-920-4686
If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.
The last two weeks of July, bring a friend with you to your MAX10 classes!! Any friend (or family, frenemy, random person off the street) will do. Just grab them, throw some workout clothes on them, and get down here!! Show them why you love MAX10 so much. If they join before August 2nd, they’ll get half off their joining fee, making it just $50. And you? Just for bringing them in, as a thank you, you’ll get $50 off your next month’s dues. Sweet deal!
What are you waiting for? Show your friends what make MAX10 so awesome.
Healthy Chipotle Chicken Sweet Potato Skins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Wash your sweet potatoes and prick all over with a fork. Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until fork tender. Place your chicken in a baking dish and rub with a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and peper. Place in the oven with the potatoes and bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool and shred the chicken with a fork or your hands. When the sweet potatoes are done cut in half and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chipotle peppers, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and wilt the spinach (this can also be done in the microwave). Toss the spinach and shredded chicken together, set aside and keep warm.
- Turn the oven up to 400 degrees. Scrape the sweet potato out of the peel, leaving a medium size layer of flesh inside with the peel so that it can stand up on its own (I reserved the remaining flesh, for another use) and place in a baking dish. Brush the skins with with a little of the chipotle sauce and bake for 5-10 muntes until nice and crisp. While the skins bake mix the spinach, chicken and chipotle sauce together. Remove skins from the oven and stuff with the chicken mixture, top with shredded cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the skins are hot and crisp. Serve with fresh chopped cilantro and greek yogurt if desired.
Here’s your chance to get to know MAX10 instructor Dave a little better! Really Dave, DQ Blizzards?
What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
a. Working for a company that made custom golf clubs (I’ll leave it unnamed).
Who would play you in the film of your life?
a. William Wallace in Braveheart.
What’s your earliest memory?
a. Playing around the round table in my parent’s living room.
What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
a. DQ Blizzards after work (sometimes).
What’s the worst thing anyone’s ever said to you?
a. “You’re not an athlete”
What’s your favorite exercise?
a. Landmine Rotations
Cat or dog person?
a. DOG (and the manly kind, not purse dogs.)
What food do you cook really well?
a. Pasta (specifically a Penne pesto w/potato’s, green beans, and ground venison).
What’s your favorite song and why?
a. tough one. At the moment “Hopeless Wanderer” by Mumford and Sons.
What do you do in your spare time?
a. Woodwork. I own my own business (which started as more of a hobby). I’m definitely like working with my hands and creating things.
What’s your favorite book and why?
a. The Bible, it stands for my faith and everything I believe in.
This helpful graphic will make quick work of deciding what snacks to eat before and after your workouts! About a half an hour before, eat high energy foods like dried fruits. After your workout, within two hours, whip up a smoothie with milk for protein, banana for potassium and berries for anti-oxidants. Your muscles will thank you!
Click here to register online!
Saturday classes are at 9am or 10am (not 8pm!!).
We’ve Removed One of the Biggest Hurdles to Training. Now Offering Childcare!
For parents with young children it can be nearly impossible to make time to attend classes. This is something we’ve always wished we could help with… Fortunately we actually have the space in our new facility so we are excited to finally offer child care so you can train! We are going to start out conservatively and if the feedback and response is positive we will expand covered hours quickly.
We cannot stress highly enough that if this is something you are interested in it is vital to participate quickly and consistently. If there is not a good response we will be unable to maintain the program.
9:00 to 11:00 am Monday thru Friday
5:00 to 8:30 pm on Monday thru Thursday
9:00 to 12:00 pm on Saturday morning.
$5.00 Per Child Per Visit
$45.00 10 Pack
2 Hours maximum
6 Months to 12 Years
Please inquire for further conditions.
Space is LIMITED. Be sure you stop by the front desk or better yet use this form below for more information on the program and special offers for new and returning students:
Send Us a Note: