Slow Cooker Cheesy Spaghetti with Turkey Sausage
This looks AMAZING! And it’s a slow cooker meal, so you can ignore it!!
Data using turkey sausage: Serving size: 1 cup | Calories: 256 | Previous Points: 6 | Points Plus: 7 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Cholesterol: 52 mg | Sodium: 542 mg | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Sugars: 6 Fiber: 2 g | Protein: 24 g
Data without turkey sausage: Serving Size: 1 Cup | Calories: 192 | Previous Points: 4 | Points Plus: 5 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 | Cholesterol: 25 mg | Sodium: 342 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 15 g
- 1 lb lean ground turkey sausage (see recipe below)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (no sugar added)
- 8 ounces (uncooked) 100% whole wheat spaghetti, about 2/3 of a 13.25 oz box, break into small pieces before adding to meat mixture
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped (fresh) basil
- Kosher or sea Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- TURKEY SAUSAGE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Add all the sausage ingredients a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Cook ground turkey sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking into small pieces while cooking. Ensure the turkey loses its pink color before removing from heat. Drain, discard any fat and set aside. Combine meat with marinara and broken spaghetti pieces.
In a medium bowl combine cooked turkey sausage with the remaining ingredients, add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 2-3 hours or until spaghetti is al dente and cheese is bubbly.
Serve and sprinkle with parmesan if desired.
Read more at http://skinnyms.com/slow-cooker-cheesy-spaghetti-with-turkey-sausag/#V136FiAoMcsog8UJ.99