Midweek Meal: Asian Chicken Wraps
Asian Chicken Wraps
Love PF Changs? Me, too! But, I’m not a huge fan of eating out, or the ridiculous sodium content in their chicken wraps. These are simple and quick to make – whip some up for dinner tonight!
Yield: Servings 6 | Serving Size: 1 Wrap with 3/4 Cup Cubed Chicken | Calories:123 | Previous Points: 3 | Points Plus: 3 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat:1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 27.5 mg | Sodium: 349 mg | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Dietary | Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 11 g | Protein: 11 g
- Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce, (optional Coconut Organic Aminos)
- Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon ketchup (recipe for ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 skinless chicken breast filets, cubed into about 1/2″ pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, diced
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 Savoy (curly) Cabbage leaves, (optional is Napa Cabbage or green leafy vegetable of choice)
Prepare Stir Fry Sauce by adding these three ingredients in a small bowl and setting aside.
Next, prepare Dipping Sauce by combining honey and warm water in a medium sauce pan. Add the remaining ingredients to the honey & water mix, turn to medium heat and bring to a simmer. Continue cooking approximately 5 minutes. Place the dipping sauce in a bowl for serving and set aside.
Prepare Cabbage by removing several leaves 8-10, rinse cabbage, pat dry with a paper towel and place on serving plates.
Prepare Chicken Stir-Fry by placing canola oil and sesame oil in a large skillet or wok. On medium-high heat add cubed chicken breast and cook until it has lost its pink color, 8-10 minutes. Drain chicken by pouring off liquid. With the chicken still in the skillet add the, already prepared, Stir-Fry Sauce to the chicken along with water chestnuts, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Stir-fry for approximately 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
Place approximately 3/4 cup cooked chicken on individual cabbage leafs, drizzle with dipping sauce. Allow everyone to add additional dipping sauce if they wish. Slightly fold the wrap when eating. A little sauce may spill out but no big deal, just add more, there’s plenty to go around. Enjoy!!!
Bragg Liquid Aminos is another Gluten-Free option for soy sauce.
Read more at http://skinnyms.com/asian-chicken-wrap/#_a5y_p=2189461